Friday, March 19, 2010

Peeping Tom

I'm somewhat of a voyeur (voyeuse?) ... a peeping Tom (Tomasina?). I sneak into blogs, read and marvel at the wonderful wordplay ... and then sneak out as quietly as I entered without nary a sound or comment.

I'm constantly amazed by the creative templates used, the thought and time put into each posting ... some complete with pictures. And yet, I always end up scratching my head and wondering ... where do these folks find the time?

Does their prose really flow that easily, that perfectly from the tips of their fingers? Or is it written and rewritten until it is as near perfect as possible? Sure I've encountered some blogs on my stealth missions that appear to have been written and posted immediately ... but there's stuff out there that reads like "literature", if you know what I mean. And some of that "literature" has regular posting!!

Being an amateur blogger myself, I understand the time and energy needed to post regularly (while making some kind of sense) ... and I've got to wonder ... do these people really have the exciting lives they speak of? Or is there some artistic license thrown into the pot?

The answers don't really matter ... I'll keep lurking and setting out on my stealth missions ... and vicariously enjoy what others have written. That's what peeping Toms do.

1 comment:

candoor said...

casting aside your ego in order to live vicariously through another's may work... but beware of the dependency of placing too much of your happiness in another's hands for that other will one day step away and your happiness may go with them...

Post a Comment